Terms and Conditions of Use of
Kikkoman Group Social Media
The Kikkoman Group (Kikkoman Corporation and all subsidiaries and affiliates; hereinafter referred to as “Kikkom an”) requires all users of Kikkoman-affiliated social media services and any associated services (hereinafter referr ed to as “Social Media Services”) to recognize and strictly observe all terms and conditions (hereinafter referred t o as “Terms and Conditions”) stated here. By commencing the use of Social Media Services, users are deemed t o agree to and accept all conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions without limitation or reservation.
Definition of Social Media
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, social media refers to any means of communication utilizing internet technology which allows users to send and share content with an unspecified number of people. Examples include online bulletin boards, blogs, microblogs (e.g. Twitter, etc.), SNS (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.), video sharing sites, Q&A websites, comparison sites as well as any other similar sites.
Scope of Application
These Terms and Conditions apply to anyone (hereafter referred to as “Users”) using Social Media Services.
In instances where the policy or terms and conditions for individual Kikkoman-run social media sites (hereinafter referred to as “Social Media Sites”) differ from those set out here, the terms and conditions for the individual Social Media Sites will apply.
- Users shall take full responsibility for any outcome resulting from their use of Social Media Services (this refers to the use of Social Media Services for submitting, posting, uploading, displaying or sharing content, and includes viewing; hereinafter referred to as “Usage”) to submit, post, upload, display or share (hereinafter referred to as “Share”) content and information (hereinafter referred to as “Content”).
- Users shall be solely responsible for the management and usage of Social Media Service passwords.
- In cases where Users cause harm to a third party through use of Social Media Services, the Users are responsible for resolving the dispute with the third party as well as compensating for damage. Users shall resolve disputes in a manner which will not cause any inconvenience to Kikkoman.
- Kikkoman does not accept any responsibility for harm caused by Users’ use of Social Media Services, wi th the exception of cases where such harm is caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence of Ki kkoman.
- Kikkoman reserves the right to seek compensation from Users for any damages incurred by Kikkoman from a breach of the Terms and Conditions by Users.
- In cases where any condition in the Terms and Conditions is breached by Users, Kikkoman reserves the right, without prior notice, to remove any Content Shared on Social Media Services by Users and take any other necessary measures.
- Kikkoman cannot guarantee that Content Shared on Social Media Services by Users or by anyone other than Users is complete, truthful, accurate or credible. Users recognize the risk of coming in contact with content of a disturbing, dangerous or inappropriate nature when using Social Media Services and Kikkoman accepts no responsibility in cases where such content shared by Users results in damage to a third party
The following Usages of Social Media Services by Users are prohibited. Furthermore, in response to acts that fall or is likely to fall under the following, Kikkoman reserves the right to remove Content without the Users’ permission even if it has been Shared by the Users, as well as take any further measures Kikkoman deems necessary.
- Any activity which infringes on or causes damage to the rights or property of Kikkoman, other Users or third parties
- Any activity to defame Kikkoman, other Users or third parties, including associated products, services and other items.
- Sharing of names, telephone numbers, addresses or other personal information of Users or third parties, or any activity that infringes on the privacy of other individuals.
- Any electoral activities or campaigning.
- Any proselytizing or activities related to the promotion of religious organizations or activities promoting special interest groups or organizations
- Using or duplicating Content available on Social Media Services for any business or commercial purpose or for purposes other than originally intended.
- Use of Content acquired from Social Media Services for commercial gain.
- Use of Social Media Services in a way which places Kikkoman, other Users or third parties at a disadvantage.
- Anything which is construed as unlawful or is seen to cause damage or disrupt public order and morals.
- Sharing content, including pictures, which is harmful, immoral or abusive.
- Any activity which leads to criminal acts.
- Any use which may be considered heinous or discriminatory, or which may be distasteful to third parties.
- Any usage which disturbs or blocks the operations of Social Media Services or damages the reputation of Kikkoman.
- Using a false identity or in any way hiding the identity of a User with the intent of sharing the personal information of other parties.
- Using or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses.
- Any activity which Kikkoman deems inappropriate.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Content Shared on Social Media Services is the property of Kikkoman or the individual or group providing the content (hereinafter referred to as “Content Provider”). Any content (including but not limited to documents, graphs, diagrams, data, images, and videos) which is protected by copyright, trademark, portrait, publicity rights or any other intellectual property rights is the property of the Content Provider and shall not be used in whole or in part without the written permission of the Content Provider; nor shall it be duplicated, broadcast (including via public broadcast), distributed, transferred, shared, translated, adapted, or forwarded in any way in part or in full.
- By Sharing on Social Media Services Content protected by intellectual property rights, Content Providers grant Kikkoman a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free license of the Shared Content.
- Users represents and warrants that Content Shared on Social Media Services, including photos, videos, images and written material, etc., shall not infringe on the rights of third parties. In cases where this occurs, Users have the responsibility to settle all disputes with third parties in a manner which will not affect Kikkoman.
- Users shall not exercise copyright or author’s moral rights for posted Content or any Content sent to Kikkoman when using Social Media Services.
Revisions and Changes to Terms and Conditions
Kikkoman reserves the right to change the content of these Terms and Conditions without the prior consent or notice to Users. In such instances, all revisions and changes take effect upon being posted and displayed in the Kikkoman Group Social Media Policy.
Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Thailand.
- The foresaid were revised on June 1, 2021